- This event has passed.
Overview of NEC4 Workshop
September 8, 2021 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
The workshop details are:
Speaker: Glenn Hide of GMH Planning
Location: Online via Microsoft Teams
Summary: This one day workshop will introduce delegates to the common philosophies of the NEC family of contracts and will focus in more detail upon the key mechanics and provisions of the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC) highlighting changes from NEC3.
You will learn about:
- The philosophy and commonality amongst all the contracts within the suite of NEC4 contracts and fundamental changes from NEC3.
- The use and appropriate contract strategy to adopt when choosing both primary options (A-F) and secondary options (X1-X22).
- Appreciating the use of Contract Data, Scope and Site Information.
- Considering factors involved when preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions.
- Considering common amendments that are often made in the form of “Z clauses” and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un-amended contract.
- Roles and responsibilities of the key parties.
- The important ECC clauses and processes, in particular early warning, the programme, Early Warning Register, communications and compensation events.
- Understand how to apply ECC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems.
This is a full day event which will begin promptly at 0900 and run through until 1600 with appropriate tea/coffee and lunch breaks.
A maximum number of 33 delegates can be accommodated at each workshop. Please note due to the popularity of these events, bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis and we would initially ask they are restricted to four per member company. However should you wish additional delegates to attend, please let us know and we will add their names to a waiting list.
This event is supported through the CITB ‘Boosting Productivity in Infrastructure’ Commissioned Fund