CECA Scotland Membership
Over 95 companies already benefit from CECA Scotland membership, the information we provide, and our engagement on their behalf with the Scottish and UK Governments, major clients, industry bodies and the media.
Read more about our recent work in our 2022 Annual Review.
CECA Scotland is the only representative body for Scotland’s civil engineering contractors. Representing over 80% of the industry in Scotland, our members ranging from large household names delivering major infrastructure projects to SME’s delivering improvements in their communities.
We provide our members with access to expertise on industry issues, employment law and health and safety; unrivalled training and events on issues that matter in our sector; access to industry networks in key sectors and collective lobbying on the policy issues that matter to the civil engineering sector, including procurement and infrastructure investment.
We also work to promote the vital work our members do to maintain and upgrade Scotland’s infrastructure network and to promote our industry to the next generation, through engagement with schools, colleges and Scotland’s skills agencies.
Becoming a member of CECA Scotland also provides unrivalled opportunities for networking and we organise Golf events and an Annual Black-Tie Dinner, as well as a prestigious Awards evening, recognising new talent in our industry.
Do you qualify to be a CECA Scotland member?
Ideally, your company should comply with the following criteria:
1. Be registered as a Limited Company.
2. Have a registered office in Scotland.
3. Traded for at least 3 years as a civil engineering company.
4. Have at least one qualified civil engineer (to HND or Degree level).
5. Registered with CITB (if in Scope).
6. Be accredited ISO 9001 or provide a Quality Management policy for the CECA Scotland Board to consider.
7. Be accredited ISO 14001 or provide an Environmental Management policy for the CECA Scotland Board to consider.
8. Be accredited OHSAS 18001 or provide a Health & Safety policy for the CECA Scotland Board to consider.
9. Have at least 90% of the civil engineering workforce with CSCS or equivalent cards.
10. Receive approval by the CECA Scotland Board of Directors.
If your company does not currently meet criteria 6-9, you can still apply for membership – the CECA Scotland Board will consider your application subject to the criteria being met within an agreed timescale.