Academy9 Conference: Building a Legacy
Transport Scotland’s £3 billion A9 Dualling programme between Perth and Inverness is inspiring the next generation of engineering talent through Academy9.
The Academy9 framework, modelled on the “Curriculum for Excellence,” is a progressive, evolving programme of activities and experiences, aimed at pupils, students, teachers, parents / carers, infrastructure professionals and the wider community.
The objective is to enable knowledge exchange at all levels and promote employment opportunities in the sector to future generations.
The inaugural Academy9 Conference will be held over two days, on Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March 2019, at the MacDonald Aviemore Resort in Aviemore.
CECA Scotland Chief Executive, Grahame Barn will be delivering workshops over the two days and will be joined by a number of keynote speakers, including Kate Myers (Head of Skills & Employment, HS2).
The event will provide an excellent opportunity for engineering, infrastructure and education professionals to share knowledge, experience and best practice
It will also showcase how the Academy9 framework will be a catalyst for change and innovation, leaving an invaluable educational legacy.
Conference themes are:
• Bringing innovation and knowledge exchange to the A9 Dualling Programme.
• Exemplars of infrastructure industry and education working in partnership to deliver innovative STEM learning and positive employment opportunities to young people.
• Diversity of STEM opportunities within the infrastructure sector.
• Inspiring and supporting young people to achieve their potential.
• Tailoring STEM skills to meet the needs of schools and businesses in Scotland.
Interested in finding out more?
A full Conference agenda and regular updates can be accessed on the Academy9 website at: academy9conference.co.uk
You can also download a Conference flyer here.
Ready to register?
Sign up for your free place at: academy9conference.eventbrite.co.uk