Website George Leslie
To support the Site Agent or Project Manager in organising the day to day running of the site and to supervise all operatives and sub-contractors to ensure a high quality of workmanship. On occasion to run smaller sites.
Managing employees and specialist contractors on site and keeping all paperwork up to date.
Following all safety, quality and environmental procedures in conjunction with the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan, Quality Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
- Maintain awareness of programme constraints and drive works to meet targets
- Organisation and coordination of all labour on site including specialist contractors
- Regular liaison with specialist contractors on site
- Responsible for quality of workmanship in all areas on site
- Responsible for compliance with the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Management Plan
- Responsible for compliance with the Environmental Management Plan
- Order materials and plant in a manner to suit the programme
- Control of plant hire and maintenance and security of same
- Ensure all plant and machines are used efficiently and safely on site
- Control of works on site in conjunction with other members of site management team
- Ensure that all setting out information is provided correctly; to set out
- Maintain safety, quality and environmental records
- Keep site records and registers up to date and maintain filing system
- Undertake all duties in accordance with Company Business Management System
- Continuously assess accuracy of all works
- Strive to reduce costs and complete contract within budget
- Maintain company profile on quality
- Undertake responsibilities relating to Community Benefits as required
You might also have:
- Previous experience of a similar role within the construction industry
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable in setting out
- Relevant qualifications in Engineering e.g. BEng Civil Engineering or industry equivalent
- Experienced in dealing with engineering staff, direct labour and sub-contractors
- Able to communicate with staff and operatives at all levels
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Able to represent GL in a professional manner
- Willing to mentor and develop more junior staff
- Valid CSCS card
- SMSTS 5 day
- Roads and Street Works certificate (desirable)
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety in construction
- First aid training (desirable)
- Valid driving licence
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as required
The job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the range of duties to be undertaken but does not provide an exhaustive list.
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you feel you would be suitable for the Sub Agent position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can fill in the form below to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.