Senior Civils Estimator
Website George Leslie
As a Senior Civils Estimator within our preconstruction team, you will deliver robust estimates from first principles, assessing client need and risk to the business.
This role can be with flexible working arrangements, whilst providing pan-Scotland coverage.
Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager you will manage and deliver all design activities at both preconstruction and construction stages.
- Undertake estimates in accordance with Company procedures
- Identify opportunity and risk during the tender process
- Liaise with the business unit to agree methodology and principles
- Liaise with tender Bid Manager and Planner
- Maintain a register of key assumptions within estimate
- Maintain tender estimate file
- Obtain feedback from site teams on estimating adequacy and current costs
Present Estimates at Adjudication
- Prepare estimating “adjudication pack”
- Present basis of estimate and key assumptions
- Maintain notes of adjudication meetings
- Close out actions and monitor customer negotiations, seeking amended authority as
Handover to Site
- Prepare estimating handover packs
- Maintain notes of handover meeting
- Provide ongoing support to site teams relating to estimate and key assumptions
You might also have:
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: civils, water, waste, rail or tunnelling, including site experience
- An understanding of construction techniques and resource needs
- Familiarisation with tender build-ups from first principles
- Ability to use estimating software, Conquest, Candy or similar. Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- A confident demeanor and the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel and
- Excellent organisation, time-management and prioritisation skills
- Chartered Engineer or similar level
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you feel you would be suitable for the Senior Estimator position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Alternatively you can fill in the form below to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.