Assistant Planner with George Leslie Ltd
Website George Leslie Ltd
Scottish based Civil Engineering Contractor
The Assistant Planner will support the Senior Planner to develop, monitor and maintain contract programmes for both live projects and bid development programmes. This involves helping to ensure both the operational and commercial teams are fully appraised to the critical activities and risks of respective projects.
- Support the preparation of programmes for project team in accordance with contract requirements, and maintain updates as required
- Liaise with project teams to ensure consistency of key assumptions on methodology and outputs etc.
- Identify opportunity and key risks during the programming process
- Gather and collate progress information and reasons for any deviations/delays.
- Evaluate changes to the Design, Construction Drawings and Quantities
- Attend site meetings to gather programme update information
- Assist delivery teams to plan weekly site activities and provide as built progress
- Assist in management of planning software within the Business
- Assist in maintaining planning standards across the Company
You might also have:
- Site experience gained on live construction projects is essential
- Basic knowledge in planning of construction, and civil engineering projects
- Knowledge of current HSE requirements
- IT literate and proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to use planning software
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight deadlines to meet agreed targets
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience. George Leslie Ltd will help you to progress and develop in your role towards being a Planning Engineer with the company.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts, and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you meet some or most of the requirements for the Assistant Planner position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12pm, Monday 5th September 2022
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.