Home | CECA Scotland helps CICV Forum celebrate arrival of 100th member and release of 50th guidance document
CECA Scotland helps CICV Forum celebrate arrival of 100th member and release of 50th guidance document
The Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forum, of which CECA Scotland is a key member, is celebrating a double milestone this week – welcoming its 100th individual member and releasing its 50th piece of guidance.
The Forum’s Commercial sub-group has been joined by Bridget Lambert, Strategic Procurement Manager at Renfrewshire Council, who is already contributing her expertise to help the industry continue its phased return.
At the same time, the unique collective has issued a new downloadable PDF checklist for contractors and clients, outlining the practical measures both should take to keep themselves safe during domestic work.
Designed to be emailed before work starts, and supported by two social media animations, the open source PDF joins the other work which CECA Scotland has helped to develop, including:
• Clear and relevant employment and contractual guidance
• Operating procedures during commercial and domestic work
• Animation outlining correct measures during emergency work
• Posters and infographics to help key workers safe during projects
• In-depth safe operating guidelines during the return to work
• Health and safety animation for workers during restart
• Open source signage pack for sites, offices and depots
• Practical safety advice for apprentices returning to college
• Four advice webinars hosted by leading industry experts
• Employer advice about returning from furlough
• Campaign urging workers to stay COVID-19 smart 24/7
• A range of recommendation papers to help the sector
• A consultation document to shape the future of the industry.
In addition, the Forum is now planning a series of free online training seminars starting in September, offering in-depth advice to help businesses improve their contractual and commercial awareness on construction projects.
Th CICV Forum now has 100 individual participants from a wide range of trade associations, private companies and professional services, with 25 full-time Forum member bodies and 40 further organisations contributing to its eight sub-groups.
Since its creation in March, the Forum has drawn on the collective expertise of its members to maintain a steady supply of information and practical advice to the sector as well as carrying out surveys, hosting webinars and making appeals to Government Ministers.
In the last two weeks alone, it has issued seven health and safety advice documents, updated its operating guidance and reminded construction workers to observe physical distancing in their social lives too.
Download the CICV Restart Flyer: CICV-Restart-Flyer_